First hand observational studies


 The objects and forms used in my composition reveals how I make small narratives and depict them in basic sketches. These pieces have been created by direct observation sketches which were later transformed into a blend of splendid water and pencil colors on my sketchbook. It reveals my journey as I began with my interest in arts and depicts my struggle as a young artist not knowing proper strokes and forms and struggling with basic line drawings to developing a proper linear perspective and learning impressionistic technique; changing my interest into my passion and determination to create a difference.

 The idea of this lantern has been inspired by the evolution of light bulb over the years. Since the revelation of constant electric light in 1835 scientists have worked for the past 40 years to develop the incandescent light bulb we have today. Light is an indispensable element of art and so the invention of light has greatly caused modification and transformation of artwork over the world with artists experimenting with light and darks to all forms of shadow works. Light gives a painting its structure and we may not realize but the perception of a painting in our mind is dependent on its lighting.


                              

                          


                                                

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts